DATES for your DIARY – 2022
|Date||REGULAR LEISURE EVENTS|
Weekly Games Evening
Last Monday of each Month, 10:00-13:00, starting
Monthly 'Craft and a Cuppa' Open Morning
Ukulele Beginners Group
A new 8 week Beginners Course will start on Wednesday, 11 January 2023 beginning at 14:30. Anyone who would like to come along please look out for the notices in the Pavilion to book your place. After the course everyone will be invited to join the existing group who meet regularly on Monday evenings.
|Saturday, 28 January 2023||
New Year Quiz Evening
|Saturday, 4 February 2023||
Spanish Wine Tasting
The bar opens at 18:30 with the Wine Tasting starting at 19:00.
Tickets cost £12.050 for members.
|Saturday, 11 February 2023||
Valentine's Day Music Night
Tickets (limited to 42) cost £5.00 for members
Please keep an eye on the notice board in the Pavilion and this page closer to the date for more details.
|Date||CLUB & PAVILION CLOSURES|
Our aim is to provide a pleasing, relaxed environment in which members can meet up. With this in mind we plan to offer a range of leisure activities including:
- Quiz nights
- Family Fun Days
- Live music evenings (e.g. jazz or folk)
- Butser guided “rambles” – Starting and ending at the Pavilion for refreshments
- Horse, Dog & Pig racing nights – No really! This is one of the most popular leisure events in clubs across the country. Pre-recorded race DVDs are shown and members can bet (and win!) whilst enjoying a laugh, a light meal and a beer or glass of wine in good company.
- Grand Summer BBQ
- Shambolic fun target Bowls days – Participants are invited to “compete” in a knockout competition aiming at fun targets.
- Period fancy dress parties – including Pirates, Beatles 60s, Cartoon characters and many more
- Chess, Backgammon, Scrabble, Whist & Bridge groups
In truth, we have a blank canvas, so members are invited to suggest any particular leisure programme that they feel might be interesting. All suggestions will be given a fair hearing and considered. Forming a photography and/or art club has already been suggested. So let's all pull together to make this a great Club for us to enjoy.